The Youtube clip above shows Jack one of our Supported Interns on placement. WHH work hard to ensure we have enough staff with the right skills, values and behaviours available for employment. We have leadership responsibility for promoting equality, diversity, inclusion through enabling widening participation in relation to the development of the current and future healthcare workforce.
- Traineeships - a ten week placement for two days each week working in a variety of departments and we currently take a maximum of twelve candidates per year.
- Pre-Employment - a six week placement for two days each week in a variety of departments and we currently take twenty seven candidates per year.
This is the September 2019 cohort:
- Supported Interns - we accommodate four candidates each year who have special educational needs and disabilities. Each placement lasts up to six months.
- Patient Support Assistants - a three month clinical programme supporting college students with their university applications and routes into nursing.
- Step into Health - Supporting ex-military and their families to find employment in the NHS.