We are a progressive, acute Trust that delivers a wide range of care services across three sites in Cheshire. Our size means we can adapt to the changing healthcare landscape quickly and our aim is to be outstanding in the care we deliver to patients, our communities and each other.
We are also constantly innovating, attracting the attention of the world’s media recently for our pioneering work in during the pandemic. Our use of the adapted ‘black box’ CPAP machines which has played a fundamental role in the recovery of patients with COVID-19 was featured in a Sky documentary focusing on Warrington – Covid on the Home Front.
We were also rated good by the CQC.
- Finalist in the North West Coast Research and Innovation Awards – March 2019
- WHH Implementation Plan used in the NHSI NEWS2 Implementation Resource
- WHH Included in the Innovation Agency newsletter – June 2019
- WHH Included in the Innovation Agency Annual Report – 2019
- Finalists in the Nursing Times Workforce Awards in 2 categories in 2018 (Best UK Employer and Career Development
- Finalists in the Nursing Times Workforce Awards in 2 categories in 2019
- Winners Poster Presentation – Advanced Practice Development Conference Sept 2019 – WHH, ACP Model of Practice
- Winner – Rising star of the future Nursing Times Award 2019 Sharon Worgan
- Winner - HPMA Awards 2019 – Rising Star – Georgia Stokes
- Winner - HPMA Awards 2019 – Best Use of Workforce Data
- Winners - Burdett Nursing Trust November 2019 – Best Career Planning and Development Offer
- Highly commended - Burdett Nursing Trust November 2019 – Best Use of Diagnostics to Inform Retention Initiatives
WHH have been selected by NHSI as a case study to show exemplar practice in Retention Initiatives – this has been published in 2020.
- NT Workforce Awards – Awards night 2nd December 2020
- Shortlisted Best Recruitment Offer
- Shortlisted NHSP and WHH Covid19 Staffing response – Winners!
- Team of the Year
- NT Awards – Shortlisted Team of the Year - A7 and ICU Respiratory Nursing response COVID-19 – Highly commended
- Respiratory Team – London School of Research Awards nominations – WHH – Winner London Innovation Award COVID response
You have the opportunity to shape the way we do things and have a valued voice in our Trust. We are open to new ideas and support our staff with their career aspirations with training and development opportunities – big or small.