Our first class orthopaedic services are provided at the state-of-the-art Captain Sir Tom Moore building at Halton General Hospital, Runcorn.
The Captain Sir Tom Moore Building is a purpose built orthopaedic hospital centre with 44 inpatient beds, four operating theatres, dedicated day ward, physiotherapy gym, outpatient and full CT, MRI, x-ray and ultrasound scanning facilities.
Our team of 12 orthopaedic consultants are based at the centre and provide a full range of orthopaedic surgery - including hip and knee replacements, sports medicine, upper limb (shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand) and lower limb (keyhole surgery for hip and knee, foot and ankle surgery).
The facility was brought into use by the trust in January 2013 as our home for orthopaedic surgery.
- Our team have excellent outcomes and a specialist facility to match that provides the best in comfort and care
- We are rated at 5 Stars by our patients on the NHS Choices patient feedback website
- Where possible we aim to provide a one stop service where you can have your appointment with our consultant, investigations, x-rays and other tests in one visit
- If you do require surgery then the centre has the very latest theatre facilities that are purpose built for all types of bone and joint surgery
- Providing your surgery at the Cheshire and Merseyside Treatment Centre means that it has a very low risk of being cancelled as it is a specialist centre that is not affected by emergency pressures. We are also proud of our record of having no cases of MRSA at Halton General in over six years
- We are within easy travel time from across Cheshire and Merseyside. We also have a free shuttle bus to the centre from Warrington Hospital.
Although the Cheshire and Merseyside Treatment Centre is our home for all routine orthopaedic surgery, we still provide outpatient appointments at Warrington Hospital as well as at the centre. This means you can have your initial appointment close to home in most cases before coming to the centre for surgery.
The centre is state-of-the-art and our facilities include:
- Four ultra-clean air operating theatres on the top floor - purpose built for bone and joint surgery and treatments
- A 44 bed main inpatient ward in a mix of en-suite single-rooms and four-bedded bays
- A dedicated day ward for day case surgery
- Full outpatient clinic and physiotherapy centre on the ground floor
- MRI, CT, x-ray and ultrasound scanning
- Cafe, spacious waiting area and other facilities with easy parking right outside the centre.
Our team of 14 orthopaedic consultants are based at the centre and provide a full range of orthopaedic surgery.
They work alongside a specialist orthopaedic nursing team as well as physiotherapists, theatre staff and support teams to provide you with the best in orthopaedic care.
You can view our Senior Doctor profiles in Trauma & Orthopaedics here.
- Arthroscopy (keyhole surgery) of the knee
- Bunion operations
- Carpal tunnel release
- Foot and ankle surgery
- Ganglion removal
- Hand and wrist surgery
- Hip arthroscopy (keyhole surgery)
- Hip replacement
- Joint School - Watch video here
- Knee replacement
- Knee osteotomy (realignment surgery for knee pain)
- Pain management
- Repair of hand tendon
- Repair of knee ligaments (ACL surgery for example)
- Repair of tendon in the knee and lower leg
- Shoulder and elbow surgery
- Surgery for Dupuytren's contracture
- Sports medicine
- Treatment for trigger finger
Your GP can refer you to our orthopaedic services via Choose and Book. We also accept referral from other health professionals.
We accept referrals from across the country for our specialist services as well as locally.
Cheshire and Merseyside Treatment Centre
Telephone: 01928 793746