Our Medical Illustration Service aims to provide a fast and comprehensive service for all our clients within Cheshire and Merseyside whilst maintaining a high standard of quality and efficiency. The governing body of Medical Illustration recently awarded our service the Institute of Medical Illustrators Level 1 accreditation.
You, or your relatives, may encounter the Clinical Photography aspect of our service in any of the wards or clinics. Consent is always taken before we undertake clinical photography.We are bound by the Institute of Medical Illustrators code of professional practice. The latest digital technology is used to capture and standardize all images. These images are stored on secure servers in-house and all information is kept confidential. All images or videos that have been approved for use for teaching, publication or research, by the patient, are anonymised. No patient information will be disclosed.
Clinical photographs/Videos are taken of patients' conditions for:
- Wound Care Management – Pressure, Diabetic Ulcer Monitoring
- Dermatological Assessment and Monitoring
- Treatment planning and Surgical monitoring – ENT and Breast Care
- Teledermatology – Self monitoring service for patients with multiple moles and lesions
- Teaching and research
- Medical publications/journals
- Documenting unusual incidence of disease
The latest digital technology is used to capture and standardise all images. These images are stored on secure servers in-house and all information is kept confidential.