About this service
Audiology is a challenging and expanding field of clinical science and technology, involving the study of hearing and balance. Our team provide a comprehensive service to adults including:
- Adult Hearing Assessment
- Audiological Rehabilitation
- Digital Hearing Aid Fittings
- Diagnostic Audiology, for hearing/balance disorders
- Grommet Review Clinic
- Complex Case Clinic (for adult hearing aid users requiring more intensive aftercare)
- Regular joint clinics with Telecare & Sensory Team (Warrington Borough Council)
- Hearing Aid repairs and follow-up service
- Tinnitus Therapy
- Diagnostic Audiometry, to support Ear Nose and Throat (ENT) Services
- Paediatric testing and fitting of hearing aids
We also provide a Newborn Hearing Screening programme, with further diagnostic testing and work closely with our local community and education services, in providing a full comprehensive paediatric (children's) hearing service.
Our services are currently provided across three sites:
- Warrington Hospital
- Halton Hospital
- Highfield Hospital
ClinicalWe can usually see you within 3 weeks of receipt of your referral and if appropriate, following testing, we then fit you with a hearing aid(s) within 4 weeks. Please see the referral information section below for further information on how to be referred to our services.
The department consists of 23 staff, comprising of highly experienced and specialisedAudiologists, Assistant Audiologists, Newborn Hearing Screeners, Clinical and Clerical Support Staff. The department is also a recognised training centre for the University of Manchester, where students are placed to gain valuable clinical experience.