Warrington and Halton Teaching Hospitals is now consulting on proposals to create a new Health Hub at Runcorn Shopping City, near to Halton Hospital.
This consultation follows an engagement exercise earlier in the year on the proposals to offer Ophthalmology, Audiology, and Dietetics outpatient appointments from his new hub.
Offering these services in a retail environment would make it easier for patients to access these services, some of which will be expanded to offer a greater range of tests. Halton residents will no longer have to travel out of borough to receive care.
The new hub would provide greater convenience for patients and provide an additional 3,000 outpatients appointments per year, at least, in Halton.
Feedback to an earlier engagement exercise on these plans has been considered in progressing to this public consultation. The comments and suggestions provided have been helpful in informing ongoing discussions on the plans. Thank you to everyone who responded, We are now seeking input on the final proposals.
Audiology and Ophthalmology would move just 300 meters from Halton Hospital’s outpatients to the Shopping City while Dietetics is moving from St Paul’s Health Centre a distance of 3.5km served by public transport. Both audiology and ophthalmology will also be providing expanded services in Halton, reducing waiting times and providing services currently accessed in Warrington by Halton residents.
Current staff will relocate with their services and there will be no change to staffing levels. The vacated space at Halton Hospital will be reallocated to clinically appropriate services – either those that require additional space or those that are relocating from Warrington, in line with the Trust’s plan of expanding and further developing Halton as its dedicated elective site – much of which is already underway as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic.
No estate will be lost or decommissioned at Halton Hospital and these proposals will not affect delivery of services at Warrington Hospital.
The views on this proposal are being sought from patients and members of the public as part of a formal public consultation taking place between early May and mid June.
• The full consultation document and FAQs is available here WHH_Runcorn_Shopping_City_Consultation_A4_new-2.pdf
• Views can also be given via our online questionnaire https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/3BHV67V
• Paper booklets and materials in alternative languages and formats are available on request by contacting email@example.com tel: 01925 662114.
• Virtual Consultation events will be held on 1st June at 11..30am, 2nd June at 6pm and on 5th June at 10am. Links to access the sessions are available on our website Your Views: Hospital Outpatient Services at Runcorn Shopping City :: Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Trust (whh.nhs.uk)
• Any groups wishing to receive a presentation on the proposals to a local group should contact firstname.lastname@example.org