The department deliver tailor made programmes which provide flexibility and include a wide range of client groups.
The Cardiac Rehabilitation programme is based upon the biopsychosocial model as recommended by BACPR. The programme includes exercise and health promotion sessions to empower patients to make positive and informed lifestyle changes and choices to maintain their health long term. Also included is counselling, CBT and NLP for patients who on assessment show high anxiety/depression scores.
On completion of Cardiac Rehabilitation, patients are directed/referred to ongoing community exercise programmes.
The Cardiac Rehabilitation Department provide the following services:
- 6 week course for Ischaemic Heart Disease patients
- 8 week rolling course for Ischaemic Heart Disease patients
- 10 week course for Heart Failure patients
All of the above courses include exercise and health promotion sessions which cover the following topics:
- Understanding your heart
- Risk factors
- Stress management
- Physical activity
- Moving on in the Community
- Carol Over - Principal Therapist/Manager
- Lynn Brow - Senior Physiotherapist
- Shubhra Shiwangi - Specialist Occupational Therapist
- Susan Hunns - Specialist Occupational Therapist
- Kiera Rimmer - Cardiac Rehabilitation Nurse Practitioner and Heart Failure Nurse
- James Whitfield - Exercise Physiologist
- Nicola Fellows - Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Jane Stevens - Admin Support
- Helen Hunt - Admin support and NACR support
All clinics are run by a multidisciplinary team which includes nurses, occupational therapists, exercise professionals, occupational therapy assistants and admin support.
6 Week Ischaemic Heart Disease Course
- Tuesday and Thursday, AM and PM, at Halton Hospital
8 Week Rolling Ischaemic Heart Disease Course
- Thursday, 10:00am - 12:00pm, at Runcorn Fire Station
10 Week Heart Failure Course
- Wednesday, 9:30am - 11:30am, at Halton Hospital
- Wednesday, 10:30am - 12:30pm, at Halton Hospital
- Wednesday, 1:30pm - 3:30pm, at Halton Hospital
- Depending on waiting lists occassional Monday and Friday courses are held, 9:30am - 11:30am, at Halton Hospital
- Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm, at Halton Hospital
Patients are eligible for referral into this service if they have:
- a diagnosis of Ischaemic Heart Disease or Angina
- a diagnosis of Heart Failure or Left Ventricular Systolic Dysfunction
Referrals into the service can be made via a referral letter sent by:
- Fax to 01928753868
- NHS Net email to email@example.com
Referrals to our Heart Failure Nurses can be made by completing and returning our referral form which can be accessed by clicking here.
Lower Ground Floor