Does routine testing for Group B Strep reduce early onset neonatal sepsis?
The GBS3 trial is looking at whether testing pregnant women for Group B Streptococcus reduces the risk of infection in newborn babies compared to the current strategy in place in the UK. The current strategy in the UK is to offer antibiotics during labour to women who are considered at raised risk of their baby developing a group B Strep infection.
Warrington Hospital will be offering intrapartum rapid GBS testing to women who experience labour or prelabour rupture of membranes at ≥37 weeks’ gestation.
For more information please see the trial website: Home (gbs3trial.ac.uk)
PARROT-2 is a multi-centre randomised controlled trial of revealed versus concealed repeat placental growth factor (PlGF)-based testing in women presenting with suspected pre-eclampsia between 22+0 and 35+6 weeks' gestation.
More information available here: PARROT-2 Follow on study assesses impact of PlGF tests - Action on Pre-eclampsia (action-on-pre-eclampsia.org.uk)
Induction of labour for predicted macrosomia ‘The Big Baby Trial’
A randomised controlled trial of induction of labour at 38+0 to 38+4 weeks gestation versus expectant management, of fetuses that are large for gestational age.
For more information please see the trial website: Big Baby (warwick.ac.uk)
Closed Studies and results of studies we've taken part in
We have taken part in the following studies are currently awaiting the result
Results for studies we have taken part in
PRISMN - Attached is an infographic produced in conjuction eith the Tommy's charity, click the link below to see an animation that summarises the trial findings:
- MiNNESS - Tommy’s have launched the sleep on side – pregnancy campaign following the MINESS study which we were involved with. Thank you all for your continued support with all our studies – Research really does make a difference. https://www.tommys.org/pregnancy-information/sleep-side-pregnancy-campaign It was also published in the British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/1471-0528.14967/full
- TABLET click here for the results.
- DAPPA click here for the results.
- BUMPES - results added here. Research info attached here.
- INFANT - Results added.
- EMPIRE- more information can be found here. Results added here.
- OPPTIMUM - results added here.
To find out more about them click here.