We recognise that emotional, spiritual, family and financial worries might be just as important to patients as physical problems. We work closely with the hospital doctors and nurses to support the patient, their partners, family and friends. We will usually see patients on the hospital ward and at the outpatient department in our Palliative Care Clinic.
Our Palliative Care team offer a range of services and aim to:
- Give the patient advice about managing pain and other physical symptoms
- Support the patient while they are facing serious illness
- Offer practical suggestions to help patients do the things that are important to them
- Offer support to those close to the patient
- Introduce the patient to other services that might be helpful, such as hospices, support groups, palliative home care teams and welfare benefits advice.
Dr Liz O’Brien - Consultant in Palliative Medicine
- Gwen Waller - Matron for Palliative Care
- Helen Barratt - Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Howard Evans - Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Joanne Meredith - Clinical Nurse Specialist
Sam Durcan - Palliative Care Secretary
- Wednesday AM, at Warrington Hospital, with Dr O’Brien
- 3rd Wednesday AM of the month, at Halton Hospital, with Dr O’Brien
To refer a patient to our Palliative Care Team please complete and return the referral form which can be access by clicking here.
Palliative Care Department
To contact the Palliative Care Team please call 01925 662915.