Covid-19 Coronavirus – Further restrictions on visiting at Warrington and Halton Teaching Hospitals
From Tuesday 24th 2020 Warrington and Halton Teaching Hospitals will further restrict visiting to ensure the safety of patients and staff and in line with Government guidance.
Visiting times for most wards will remain at 4pm and 7pm daily however only one visitor per patient per day will be allowed. No children under 16 years will be permitted on any ward unless in exceptional circumstances and with prior arrangement with the nurse in charge. There are some specific concessions to this including:
- Relatives of those nearing end of life will be supported to visit their loved ones, bespoke arrangements will be made by the nurse in charge
- Patients on Intensive Care Unit only one visitor per patient per day will be permitted and visiting will be 2-4pm and 5-7pm daily, visits outside this will be on a case by case basis in discussion with ICU staff
- Maternity One birth partner only, visiting at any time
- Children’s and Neonatal wards one Parent, Partner of Parent or Guardians per child per day
- Visitors with any symptoms relating to Covid-19- coronavirus including a cough or temperature must not visit the hospital the guidance issued by NHS111 is here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/self-isolation-advice/
- If visitors have a general cold, including cough, cold, runny nose they must not come to the hospital.
- Visitors with any symptoms relating to a stomach upset, including diarrhoea and/or vomiting should not come to the hospital.
The Trust advises visitors to contact its Patient Advice and Liaison Service if they have specific concerns beyond this guidance, the service is available on weekdays on or e-mail WHH.Pals@nhs.net